14 Muscle Building Nutrition Tips to Get Your Body in an Anabolic State
A good diet is essential to an effective body building program. You can workout with the intensity of a professional, but if your diet stinks, you won't be doing yourself any good. Consider the following general muscle building nutrition tips to manage your daily food intake and keep it healthy in all circumstances.
- Drink skim milk or soy milk
- Cut sugar from your diet. Use artificial sweeteners instead.
- No regular soda! Diet is better for you anyway and doesn't contain sugar
- Pizza and hamburgers are a big no-no. Not only are they high in bad fat content, they are highly caloric and can cause you to overeat
- Chicken breasts are good for you as well
- Allow yourself one cheat day a week where you can indulge in something you've been craving. Just don't overdo it on your cheat days or you can undo all you've accomplished.
- Limit the amount of fruit you eat. While fruit is healthy, it can have a detrimental effect on your workout.
- Protein and complex carbohydrates are very important
- Instead of eating three large meals a day, eat six smaller ones
- Don't skip meals
- Vegetables are always a good choice at mealtime
- When eating out, choose foods wisely.
- Avoid most fast food restaurants or opt for healthy choices - remember no burgers!
The body is very adaptable to change. At first, you may have problems getting used to your new diet. But once you get used to eating right, you'll find yourself not even craving the foods you used to eat.
You have 2 choices. You can keep struggling or you can decide to really start building muscle mass [http://www.firstclassworkouts.com] At http://www.workoutsforbigmuscles.com you have all the resources in one place, including bodybuilding meal plans, and you get personal attention from a former skinny guy who is now a top fitness athlete.