Benefits - Almond And Cherry
Almonds are probably the most popular type of nuts. They have a hard shell outside, inside which lies the nut. This outside shell is usually removed before consumption. They are native to the Middle Eastern countries. It can be had directly, or used in a number of cuisine preparations.
A cherry is a small fleshy fruit which is usually red or black in colour. They taste the best when had directly after picking from a tree. But they are also added to a number of deserts. There are two main types of cherries: sweet cherries and sour cherries.
Apart from being a common ingredient to a number of dishes, research has also shown that they have a number of nutritional benefits.
• They are packed with nutrients such as calcium, phosphorus, zinc, Vitamin E etc
• They are recommended to reduce cholesterol levels and even reduce risk of a heart attacks as they are low in saturated fat
• They also help in reducing the risk and preventing types of cancer
• As almonds are rich in folic acid, they are highly recommended to pregnant ladies.
• It has antioxidants in the form of anthocyanins. These help killing free radicals, delaying aging, and even preventing cancer.
• These anthocyanins also have anti-inflammatory benefits that help reduce pain from conditions such as arthritis and gout.
• Since it has high melatonin levels, it helps regulating sleep patterns
• It helps lowering blood sugar levels. Also, its potassium content helps prevent strokes and heart attacks • Cherries are also useful to increase your energy levels. Adding them to your snacks and meals can really work wonders.
Mr Ajeet K is a health nutritionist, and over the years has even worked in the capacity of a nutritionist for some of the renowned hospitals! He continues to enjoy studying how food items affect the body, and now has made it his mission to share such information with others.