Natural Herpes Treatment - Herbal Alternatives That Work
There were already documented cases of Herpes during the time of Hippocrates. However, it was only during the sexual revolution in the 1960s when its incidence reached epidemic proportions. In a recent medical study, it was reported that 20% of young Americans age 12 years old and below have confirmed cases of herpes. This is equivalent to 45 million of Americans and corresponds to a 30% increase in Herpes cases since the '70s. The present state of the infection brings to the fore the need for proper management of the disease. A significant aspect of the overall management of Herpes is the adoption of natural alternatives for its prevention and control.
There are two forms of the herpes simplex virus (HSV). These are HSV type I and HSV type II. The herpes simplex virus type I, which is sometimes referred to as herpes labialis, is the type of herpes infection that occurs above the waist line. It is commonly referred as fever blisters or cold sores. On the other hand, the herpes simplex virus type II infection is the type of HSV infection that generally affects parts of the body that are below the waistline. In most cases, this type of HSV infection deteriorates and turns into genital herpes.
Once an individual is exposed to the virus, it will never leave his or her body. Herpes simplex virus remains dormant in the nerve endings of the spinal cord and the base of the brain. In its active form, the herpes simplex virus relays signals to the targeted part of the body. These signals or prodomes that precede a herpes episode usually involve itching, stinging and tingling sensations on specific points of the body where the cold sores will occur.
Medical science has not been able to decrypt the process that occurs prior to herpes outbreaks. It is one of those medical mysteries whose answers continue to elude medical experts. Be that as it may, there are internal processes and external factors that can trigger herpes virus. These causative factors are generally identified with the recurrent type of herpes virus infection. These include foodstuff that contains arginine, continued exposure to sunlight, physical and mental stress, high alcohol intake and menstruation.
Prevention and control of both forms of herpes virus infections require the adoption of a total management approach that involves mainstream treatment alternatives as well as natural herpes treatment options.
An effective intervention in controlling herpes infection is a three-pronged natural treatment that focuses on three key result areas. Such natural regimen shall have 3 treatment objectives. These are:
• To strengthen immunity
• To manage stress factors
• To provide relief from clinical symptoms
Here is a list of the more common herbal remedies that you can use as part of the 3-pronged natural treatment regimen for herpes infection:
• Andrographis paniculata - This herbal remedy, when used in combo with Echninacea, helps in controlling the spread of infection. However, this herbal remedy must not be used by pregnant women and lactating mothers.
• Echinacea purpurea - Aside from being a potent natural anti-viral agent when combined with Andrographis, Echinacea can also be used for the restoration and repair of infected tissues and skin. It is also used to reduce inflammation that is associated with the viral infection.
• Olea europea - This herb is most effective when used as an antiviral agent. Its aggressive action is directly focused on the herpes simplex virus. It specifically promotes viral shedding and controls the replication of the pathogenic microorganism.
• Hypericum perforatum - This herb has antiviral components that control herpes infection. However, it is important that you consult with your physician before using the herb as natural herpes remedy as there is a possibility of serious interaction with some medications.
• Melissa officinalis -The curative properties of this herb is primarily due to the presence of polyphenols which promote treatment of active herpes virus infection.
Get yourself herpes free with natural herpes treatment.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Steve_S_H