Cordyceps, Reishi, Lion's Mane, and Turkey Tail Mushroom Facts
Cordyceps sinensis is considered a medicinal mushroom that increases energy, stimulates the immune system, and acts as an overall tonic to the body. It is one of the more famous Chinese herbs, but has only gained attention in the West over the last few decades.
In addition to its reported health benefits, this fungus is known for its unique way of reproducing. It develops inside insect larvae, killing and mummifying the remains before popping out of the ground as a fruiting body. This horror movie action makes cordyceps one of the coolest mushrooms around.
There are many reported health benefits of the cordyceps mushroom. Some of these include:
• Cholesterol reduction
• Promotes balanced blood sugar
• Stimulation of the immune system
• Faster recovery from bronchitis and respiratory diseases
• Increased efficiency and stamina of the circulatory system
• Anti-tumor and antioxidant properties
• Liver protection and enhanced recovery from chemotherapy
• A general body adaptogen, resulting in more energy, strength, and stamina
The Ganoderma lucidum, also known as the Reishi Mushroom, has been called the 'elixir of immortality' and the 'medicine of kings'. This gem of fungi has the ability to boost the immune system, fight cancer, calm the nerves and provide relief from allergies.
This miracle mushroom grows on living or dead wood of deciduous trees. When eaten, the flavor of the mushroom is described as bitter and woody, and the skin is considered rather tough. Reishi mushrooms are generally found for sale in whole, powdered, or encapsulated forms.
There are many reported health benefits of the reishi mushroom. Some of these include:
• Relief of viral infections
• Boost the immune system
• Prevention of heart disease
• Reduce high blood pressure
• Lower high cholesterol
• Prevention of prostate cancer
• Strong antioxidant properties
• Strong anti-inflammatory properties
The lion's mane mushroom in traditional Chinese medicine has been used for issues with the stomach and the digestive tract. It has been linked to having positive implications towards reducing cholesterol levels and inflammation.
There are many reported health benefits of the lion's mane mushroom. Some of these include:
• Promotes white blood cell health
• Helps to lower cholesterol
• Anti-inflammatory properties
• Supports digestive health
Turkey tail has long been used in traditional Chinese medicine as a treatment for pulmonary disorders and chronic diseases. It also possesses strong antioxidant properties that can aid in preventing damage from free radicals.
• Benefits liver health
• Helps in treating infections
• Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
In my next article, I will be covering maitake, shiitake, and antrodia mushrooms. If you wish to purchase any of these all natural mushroom supplements, I fully recommend Total Nutraceutical Solutions. TNS has the highest quality whole food supplements!
A full, resourceful guide to various exotic mushrooms that are commonly used in whole food supplements. Each week I will introduce 3 - 4 mushrooms!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jon_W_Wolf