Easy Kid Approved Eggplant Recipe
These eggplant recipes are easy, and don't take a lot of time or use special ingredients and are quite versatile. Try try them with some garden fresh eggplant tonight!
Baked Eggplant Pieces
1 round or 2 oblong eggplants
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 to 2 cups crushed cracker crumbs, bread crumbs or corn flake cereal
1 Tablespoon Italian or Ranch seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel and cut eggplant into slices (if using oblong eggplant) or large pieces (slice and then cut slices into pieces that are just larger than "bite size").
3. Beat egg in one bowl and put crumbs, seasoning of your choice and salt in another bowl.
4. Put about a tablespoon of olive oil on a baking pan (cookie sheet or jelly roll pan will work well for this recipe).
5. Dip each piece of eggplant in the egg and then in the crumb mixture before placing on baking sheet. Repeat this step for all pieces of eggplant.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, turning halfway through baking. Enjoy!
Garlic Eggplant Dip
1 round eggplant or 3 oblong eggplants
1 small onion
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
3 cloves of garlic
chips, crackers or vegetables for dipping
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel eggplant and onion. Chop into one inch pieces. Toss with mayonnaise and salt.
3. Bake, covered, in oven proof dish for 30 to 45 minutes or until eggplant is tender.
4. Let cool and drain, saving liquid, then place in blender or food processor with garlic.
5. Blend on high until smooth, adding liquid from baking pan as needed.
6. Place in serving dish and serve with cracker or vegetables for dipping. Enjoy!
You can check out my blog, Chinese Potpourri. You can read about her life as a wife and mother living in small town China as well as a few recipes.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Charlotte_Louise_Edwards