Benefits Of Olive Oil How You Too Can Reap The Benefits!
Where Did Olive Oil Begin?
The Mediterranean is a cultural Mecca, and people around the world have started to reap the benefits of olive oil because of what was first discovered there. The benefits of olive oil stem back to the beginning of this culture. The health benefits of olive oil are both internal and external for a person. Learn about these benefits of olive oil.
The Olive Oil Tree
The olive tree was first reported to have been cultivated in Greece. In the year 2000BC, its nutritional value and medicinal qualities were discovered. The information quickly spread through to the entire Greece region, which until recently, was considered the main producer and exporter of the olive tree. This tree is important to the Mediterranean culture in religion, health, family, and employment. One of the most well-known olive tree traditions took place every time a child was born. When a child was born an olive tree was planted, in which the tree would grow simultaneously with the child. As the child would grow, the tree would bear fruit, flowers, and its olive products. Families would have generations and generations of olive trees that would represent their family.
Benefits Of Olive Oil In The Mediterranean
The olive tree and benefits of olive oil have been researched upon and studied for many years. In comparison to other nations, the Mediterranean culture exhibits the health benefits of olive oil. This particular culture uses a high amount of olive oil and little consumption of animal fat. Through the benefits of olive oil, this culture suffers little from heart and cardiovascular diseases.
Other Olive Oil Benefits:
1. Olive oil aids in digestion, therefore helps to sustain metabolism. The healthy caloric intake is not low a low calorie food.
2. Olive oil is rich in vitamins A, B-1, B-2, C, D, and Iron. Most importantly, olive oil helps the body to maintain strong levels of vitamin E, which is a great helper in delaying the aging process.
3. Olive oil gives the body "beneficial" fatty acids to use, which helps the skin become suppler.
4. Olive oil helps your digestive tract by aiding constipation.
5. One of the greatest appreciated benefits of olive oil is there is no cholesterol in it.
6. Olive oil also helps the stomach fight ulcers.
Reap The Benefits Of Olive Oil Yourself!
1. Substitute olive oil as a salad dressing.
2. Use olive oil to fry your favorite fried dishes.
3. Add a few teaspoons to your cup of tea or coffee every morning.
4. Olive oil is good for babies, so add a few drops to your baby's bottle.
5. To make your skin feel soft and smooth, drop a few teaspoons in your bath water, or lufah it straight onto your skin.
6. When you sauté your organic veggies, use olive oil to coat your pan.
7. Take a pure olive oil supplement.
Olive oil is a pure and natural ingredient you can easily use in your favorite recipes, in your daily beauty routine, and even take as a supplement. Listen to the news and press reports, so you can find new ways to slip it into your life!
By Margarette Tustle. Learn more about olive oil products [http://www.lolives.com] from lolives.com [http://www.lolives.com].
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Margarette_Tustle