Natural Cures For Gonorrhea
Gonorrhea is one of the most common diseases passed from one person to another during sexual activity. It is also known as the clap.
Gonorrhea is caused by a bacteria Neisseria that grows and multiples quickly in moist, warm areas of the body such as the cervix, urethra, mouth or rectum. Gonorrhea is curable.
The early symptoms of gonorrhea often are mild. Gonorrhea symptoms usually appear within 2 to 10 days after sexual contact with an infected partner. A small number of people may be infected for several months without showing symptoms. Some early symptoms of this infection are lower abdomen pain, fever, nausea, and pain during intercourse. It can not be caused by sharing toilets and bathrooms.
The symptoms in males include a yellowish discharge from the penis, which causes painful, frequent urination. A few percent of infected men have no symptoms. The infection may move into the prostate, seminal vesicles, and epididymis, causing pain and fever. Untreated, gonorrhea can lead to sterility.
Fewer than half the women with gonorrhea show any symptoms, or symptoms mild enough to be ignored. Early symptoms include a discharge from the vagina, some discomfort in the lower abdomen, irritation of the genitals, pain or burning during urination and some abnormal bleeding. Women who leave these symptoms untreated may develop severe complications. The infection will usually spread to the uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries, causing Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID).
In both men and women if gonorrhea is left untreated, it may spread throughout the body, affecting joints and even heart valves.
In men, inflammation of the epididymis; prostate gland and urethral structure can result from untreated gonorrhea.
In women, the most common result of untreated gonorrhea is pelvic inflammatory disease, a serious infection of the uterus that can lead to infertility.
Gonorrhea and Ayurveda:
There are quite a few herbs when it comes to the ayurvedic treatment of Gonorrhea, but the few herbs that are known have indeed highly curative properties for the condition. However it is necessary to take these herbs in time to prevent the condition from becoming chronic. Some herbs are Babool, Bala or Beejbanda, Guduchi and Vriddadaru.
- cooked food with little saturated fat.
- Ghee is highly beneficial for patient of gonorrhea.
- Kanji, the water left after rice is cooked, is effective for gonorrhea treatment.
- Barley, oats and fruits with high water content can help in getting some relief.
- Babool leaves are important for gonorrhea treatment.
- Beejbanda or Bala, Guduchi and Virddadaru are three herbs which are effective in the treatment of gonorrhea.
- Saribadyarishta, Shata Dhouta Ghrita, Piyumehantaka Rasa, Shatavari Lehya, Chandanadi Vati and Chandana Sara Taila can help in the treatment of gonorrhea.
- A person with chronic gonorrhea can take Chandanasava, Vasthya Mayantaka Ghrita, vanga Bhasma, Rasakarpooradi Rasa and Chandraprabha Vati.
Herbal treatment can include immune stimulants, altenatives to help the mucous membranes, urinary tract heat-clearing herbs, urinary tract antiseptics, and demulcent, anti-inflammatory herbs.
Although diet does not have a direct role in treating or preventing sexually transmitted diseases, supplementation can help.
This article is submitted by Dr. Vikram Chauhan - MD - Ayurveda, Consultant Ayurveda Physician for http://www.planetayurveda.com Dr. Chauhan provides free online consultations to his patients worldwide.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Watham_Zenith_Chanu