Celery and Eggs Nutritional Benefits
The egg is "complete protein", as nutritionists call it. It contains all the essential amino acids the body needs. It's a complete food that has a high number of nutrients, low amount in calories and arguably doesn't add significantly to your cholesterol level (according to some recent research). Here are five reasons to eat eggs:
1. Calorie-free energy source. Egg consumption contributes a significant amount of nutrients, without jeopardizing your figure, because an egg containing about 80 calories.
2. High quality protein content. Egg protein, is not exceeded by any other protein. This was taken as standard by the World Health Organization because it is the most balanced in essential amino acids and bioavailability.
3. Does not raise cholesterol levels. According to Prof. Dr. George Mencinicopschi, an egg yolk has large quantities of cholesterol, but it is important to know that people can't live without certain amounts of cholesterol, which is essential for cell membranes.
4. Eggs also contain vitamin B and a compound called choline, which is an important nutrient in the functioning of cells, especially nervous system cells.
5. An egg yolk is rich in vitamin A, D and E, and the color is given by the contents of lutein and zeaxanthin, two compounds recommended for eye health, thanks to protecting them from ultraviolet rays.
How do we eat eggs?
Professor Dr. Mencinicopschi says it is advisable to eat eggs soft boiled. "If it is hard boiled egg can become harmful because of components that become toxic."
A healthy person can consume between two and five eggs per week.
Celery lowers cholesterol
Celery is mainly used for seasoning food, but it also has many healthy qualities. For hundreds of years, the celery has been used to treat high blood pressure, rheumatic diseases, gout and sexual asthenia.
Celery has proven to be a great source of fiber, vitamin C, potassium, folate, manganese and vitamin B6. It also contains vitamin B1 and vitamin B2, magnesium, calcium, vitamin A, iron, and phosphorous. Here are four reasons why one should not miss celery in your diet.
1. Lowers blood pressure. The blanching effect on blood pressure is known in Chinese medicine since ancient times. Celery contains chemicals that help relax the muscles around arteries, and allow blood vessel dilation.
2. Lowers cholesterol. The blanching effectiveness in reducing cholesterol effect was demonstrated from tests on animals. In eight weeks, celery extract was shown to be effective in reducing cholesterol in animals.
3. It is a natural diuretic. Rich in potassium and sodium, celery stimulates urine production, helping to eliminate excess body fluids.
4. Prevents cancer. It contains substances that protect against free radicals.
More nutrition and health-related information can be found in articles on how to use online BMR calculators and a discussion of the number of calories to lose weight.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dedi_Walker