Home Remedy For A Sore Throat
The general things that cause a sore throat include viral infections which are flu's, colds, and infections caused by the bacteria. These are throat abuse for example shouting, food allergies, infected tonsils and singing, smoking, changing weather, mouth breathing, allergies, smoking such as singing, shouting, coughing, infected tonsils, and food allergies. Some of these causes can be avoided while others cannot.
Below are some of the home remedies that can be useful to get rid of a throat infections:
• Clearing nasal passages- This means not leaving your mouth open when sleeping, this is a very useful yoga practice that is very useful to curing the sore throat because leaving the mouth dry causes this problem.
• Gargling-it can be with salt water, raspberry tea or turmeric. This is one of the best and simplest method and most commonly used in homes.
• The belleric myrobalan - The pulp of its fruit is taken, mixed with salt, long pepper and honey.
• Ginger - It is a very effective remedy. It is also used for treatment of colds and flu's. It can be taken in form of tea, made into a hot beverage with plain water and sugar. The juice of ginger can also be taken with honey to treat throats.
• Adding cumin seeds to boiling water and adding garlic in it then simmering it and allowing it to cool also helps in relieving sore throats.
• It is dangerous to consume cold foods and drinks as it will make it so severe that even breathing will become difficult.
• Licorice- sucks some pieces of raw licorice which allows the juice to pass slowly through the throat to help in soothing the sore throat.
• An infusion of cardamom and cinnamon is also used as a gargle for treating throat as it also helps prevent and cure influenza.
• Mango bark chewing is also very effective when it comes to treating the sore throat.
• Adding two teaspoons of dry blossoms of chamomile to boiling water. Drinking this four times a day is a very effective method of treating throat infections.
• Prepare a decoction from the leaves of henna and use it for gargling and it will bring instant relief to the sore throat.
• Fill a cup with honey and add onion pieces. Swallow one teaspoon of honey each and every two hours as this can also relieve sore throat.
A sore throat is a temporary thing and goes away within a short time, hence the above mentioned remedies are some of the common ones mainly used at home, that are likely to assist in making the throat infections go in a short period of time. In case one does not have ingredients for making a home made remedy for the sore throat they can always choose from the many options available as they are many. Also a good point to note is that keeping the body hydrated with hot drinks e.g soups lessens the severity of the infections.
Are you looking for cure on Sore Throat? Here at our site, you can find information and tips on strep throat sore?
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jake_Longer