Home Remedies For Sore Throat - Top 9 Users Recommended Home Remedies
A sore throat, also known as pharyngitis, is inflammation or redness of the tissues, sometimes with yellowish/white pus on the tonsils. It is a common problem that each one of us faces in our lifetime. Sore throats are mainly caused by bacteria or viruses, affecting mostly children and young adults. Sore throat can continue for more than 48 hours. Sore throats can also be caused by allergic reactions or allergies and tobacco smoke.
The symptoms of a sore throat include pain, particularly on swallowing, painful swollen glands in the neck and drooling of saliva. For both a cough and sore throat, it's essential to get medical guidance and a diagnosis early, particularly if the child has a fever or is normally unwell, or if the cough is frequent.
1) Steep 1 teaspoon dried chamomile in 1 cup of hot water. Strain and let it cool to lukewarm and gargle as required.
2) Bishop's weed is valuable for sore throat cure. An infusion of the Bishop's weed seeds mixed with common salt can be used beneficially as a gargle in a sharp condition caused by a cold. This is good Home Remedy for Sore Throat.
3) Prepare the gargle of fenugreek seeds by putting two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in a litre of cold water and allowed this to simmer for half an hour over a low flame. This should then be allowed to cool to a supportable temperature, strained, and then used completely as a gargle.
4) Tamarind is also beneficial in the treatment of sore throat. A powder of the dry tamarind leaves and an infusion of the bark can be used for preparation of a gargle for sore throat cure. This is another effective Home Remedies for Sore Throat.
5) Dissolve 1 teaspoon salt in 1/2 cup cider vinegar and mix in 1 cup warm water. Gargle after every 15 minutes as required.
6) Mix lemon juice and 1 tablespoon each of honey in 1 cup warm water. Sip this mixture little by little.
7) The curative herb sage is a great sore-throat gargle. Mix 1 teaspoon of sage in 1 cup boiling water and steep for 10-15 minutes then strain. Add to it 1 teaspoon cider vinegar and honey, and then gargle four times a day. This is also very good Home Remedy for Sore Throat.
8) Listerine mouthwash can be used as gargle. Pour a small amount of it into a cup for gargle.
9) Raspberry leaf tea can be used as gargle. Pour 1 cup boiling water over 2 teaspoons dried leaves and steep for 10 minutes then strain. Allow to cool. This gargle can also be used as a fever-reducing drink. This is another effective Home Remedy for Sore Throat.
Dr James Sameul is an Ayurvedic doctor having years of experience in the field of Ayurveda and Alternative medicine. Find out more Home Remedies for Sore Throat at http://www.natural-homeremedies.com/ He has an exclusive website on Home Remedies for various diseases. You can also contribute to the Home remedies by visiting the website.