Nutritional Broccoli - A Delightful Homemade Broccoli Salad Recipe
When you were little and your mother told you to eat your broccoli, she was doing you a huge favor. Broccoli has more nutritional value that any other vegetable. It has the same calcium content as that of milk and is also a rich source of vitamin C and A. Broccoli is a wonderful source of fiber. One medium spear has three times more fiber than a slice of wheat bran bread.
Broccoli belongs to the cabbage family. These vegetables are known as cruciferous vegetables. Broccoli has a natural compound that has already proven to fight cancer in cells. Listed below are other health issues that broccoli can help prevent.
• High Blood Pressure
• Heart Disease
• Alzheimer's Disease
• Regulation of Food
Below is a perfect Broccoli Salad recipe. This recipe is one that I continue to make when I am entertaining or getting ready to go to a party. Each time I make it I have at least one person ask me for my recipe.
1. Mix the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar, stirring well to dissolve the sugar.
2. Stir in the raisins and onions.
3. Refrigerate for flavors to blend.
4. Wash and chill the florets.
5. Do the above directions one day in advance and put everything in the refrigerator overnight.
6. Take out the next day and stir.
7. Sprinkle the peanuts over the broccoli.
8. Stir in the dressing.