Harnessing the Power of Acerola Cherry Fruit
Vitamin C is not produced in the human body. It must be obtained from our daily diet or from supplements. Did you know that by taking synthetic Vitamin C supplements, you might be doing yourself more harm than good? Most of this synthetic Vitamin C is not absorbed by the body and is expelled in urine causing your kidneys and liver to work hard. In order to really enjoy the health benefits of Vitamin C, one needs to consume the complex real Vitamin C and not the synthetic version. Real vitamin C is found in natural foods, just like the Acerola Cherry. The Acerola cherry or West Indian cherry has the highest content of Vitamin C, among all fruits. It is also rich in Flavonoids, Potassium, Magnesium, enzymes such as Tyrosinase, dietary fiber etc. The efficacy of Vitamin C in the fruit is increased by the presence of fruit flavonoids.
Some of the health benefits of the fruits are -
• Boosts the immune system to help fight against colds, flu's, and degenerative diseases.
• Induces production of collagen in the body thus enhancing skin complexion
• Encourages cellular regeneration and protects from free radical damage.
• Supports a healthy nervous system and increases oxygen capacity in the blood.
• Aids in adrenal hormone production.
• People who get a lot of potassium in their diet have a lower risk of stroke and studies show those with low levels of potassium in their diet have high blood pressure. It is more important and useful to get potassium from natural foods like acerola cherry than from synthetic potassium supplements.
• Dietary fiber in adequate amounts is critical for proper elimination and good health. Diets high in fiber are proven to relieve constipation and hemorrhoids. High fiber diets also decrease blood cholesterol levels.
• Helps fight chronic fatigue
• The Vitamin A content in the fruit is good for clear eye sight.
Maduban Naturals has introduced a whole new range of Fruit Enriched Green Teas. Select green tea leaves (grown by organic cultivation methods) from a single tea garden in the higher altitude range of Nilgiri mountains, are plucked and hand processed (exclusively for Maduban naturals) the same day resulting in a clear brew that is rich in polyphenols and is not bitter at all! The hand processed green tea leaves are enriched with the natural extracts of whole pomegranate, jamun and acerola cherry fruits. Each tea bag brings the goodness of the green tea along with the added health benefits of natural fruit extracts. No artificial flavors, fragrances or additives are added to the green tea / fruit extract blends.
For more information please visit - http://madubannaturals.com/fruit_enriched_green_teas.htm
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Raj_Tupil